Ringwood Private Hospital's Palliative Care Unit (Jamieson) provides specialised care and support in a compassionate and dignified manner for patients and families living with terminal illness.
The benefits of our service include:
- A holistic approach in meeting the psychological, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each individual and their family
- Access to a multidisciplinary health care team
- Means of support for patients and their families in the transition between hospital and home based care
- Optimises quality of life
- Symptom management for people dealing with terminal illness.
Our specialist palliative care team consists of:
- Cancer support coordinator
- Grief and bereavement counsellor
- Medical oncologists and radiation oncologists
- Social worker and pastoral care worker
- Trained nursing staff.
Our team works with patients and families to care for someone living with terminal illness.
For further information please call our Hospital Coordinator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 03 8804 4261.