Palliative care is centred on quality of life, thanks to support that is compassionate, selfless and dignified. We’ve been caring for people with cancer and their loved ones at our Palliative Care Unit, since 1973. We have expertise that is immediately evident to those who we care for during this important time.
Holistic support for you and your family
We focus on supporting your comfort and wellbeing throughout the entire cancer journey, including the final months, weeks and days.
Taking advantage of our palliative care services has many benefits, including:
- A holistic approach that helps ensure the psychological, emotional, social and spiritual needs of you and your family are met.
- Access to a team of healthcare professionals that’s focussed on you.
- Optimising your quality of life.
- Supporting you, if your goal is to transition between hospital and home-based care.
- Managing any symptoms related to your illness.
A team dedicated to you
We take a whole-person approach, which means a team of people will be involved in your care. We’ll work with you and your loved ones to create the best, most appropriate plan.
Our specialist palliative care team consists of:
- Cancer support coordinator
- Grief and bereavement counsellor
- Medical oncologists and radiation oncologists
- Social worker and pastoral care worker
- Trained nursing staff.
Please call us if you’d like to know anything about our specialised palliative care. You can reach our hospital coordinator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 03 8804 4261.